We are looking for a right hand to support our Founder and CEO. As the leader of a fast paced agency in the DTC space, he is looking for someone to support his time and mental bandwith. This position will focus on optimizing our CEO's time by skillfully prioritizing correspondence, streamlining daily operations, taking on skunkworks projects and protecting his time and energy. This role will have a strong focus on education and growth for the candidate. There will be heavy investment back into the successful candidate to ensure they are growing both personally and professionally at a fast rate. You will be partnering with our CEO to support his day-to-day execution, including scheduling, organizing & preparing for meetings, managing errands, coordinating travel and other personal appointments, as well as assisting with his personal and agency brand social media presence. You will be representing our company and our CEO as you interface and coordinate with employees, investors, clients, and partners present and future. You will be working across all projects supporting the CEO as a key manager across the variety of tasks that come up for a serial founder.
This is an opportunity to see the ins and outs of a fast-growing agency and many DTC brands from the perspective of a CEO and head of growth. The ideal candidate has extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills and the ability to communicate with clarity and compassion. They are also self-motivated, able to work autonomously, see around corners, and maintain confidentiality. Though the role allows you to work remotely, our CEO works in Los Angeles and will need support in and around a PST work schedule.
- Manage a busy, constantly shifting calendar. Understand personal and professional objectives and goals in order to manage priorities. Ensure time is being allocated to the highest priorities.
- Prepare daily and weekly briefs: Provide a high level summary of the days and week ahead highlighting the upcoming key meetings, tasks, and other top priorities.
- Email Inbox Management: Daily management of our CEO's multiple inboxes. Cleaning up, responding, and flagging as appropriate.
- Key relationship management. Coordinating with clients, partners, and internal team to arrange meetings, finalize approvals and other communication.
- Regular Communication. Connect with our CEO daily to provide regular updates. Flag and work to correct any scheduling conflicts that arise. Push forward and follow up on various key initiatives
- Manage Task List. Organize and prioritize meetings and tasks. Review, prioritize and present items with clarity to save our CEO time and mental band-width.
- Travel Coordination. Plan and book personal and professional travel and prepare detailed itineraries.
- Personal Assistance. Making reservations, running errands, scheduling appointments, filling out paperwork, file/document organization and other ad hoc items.
- Source M&A Opportunities. Using some guidelines, you will review potential acquisition opportunities and do first pass review before passing on to our CEO.
- Recruiting. A significant portion of a CEO’s time is spent on recruiting, you will help with first round interviews and vetting potential talents
- Sales Support. Our CEO is involved in a portion of the sales process for the agency, supporting and pushing forward sales logistics will be a key responsibility
- Personal and Agency Brand Assistance. Support our CEO with building the agency and personal brands. Twitter, Newsletters, Podcasts, and value add products for the community are on the roadmap, along with a few other initiatives and partnerships. Our CEO will dictate the content and strategy and you will support in executing on a well thought out content marketing plan.
- 1-2 years of experience working with a C Suite Executive
- Managed an inbox and calendar for a CEO and/or Executive
- A proven track record for saving a CEO multiple hours of work per week
- Extreme attention to detail
- Supported VP escalations
- Basic understanding of digital marketing and online business operations
- Eagerness to learn
- History of taking a goal and achieving it with no prior experience in the field
- Managed social media platforms for a CEO and/or Executive
You’re gifted at:
- Communication, both written and verbal
- Being proactive, you can solve a problem before it happens
- Staying highly organized
- Putting together collateral for meetings
- Gathering, preparing and summarizing meeting notes and memos
- Turning a conversation into blog posts, scripts or social media posts
- Highly-proficient in G Suite, particularly Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar.
- Comfortable communicating through multiple platforms: slack, email, text and more
- A self-starter who is comfortable taking a bias for action
- Passionate about helping others perform at their best
To Be Considered:
We’re marketers, you'll be doing work in and around marketers, so market yourself! Be creative in your application to stand out. Out of the box thinking here will be a massive bonus.