Role Overview: As the Director of Web Analytics/MarTech Systems Implementation, you will be a vital part of the company’s Senior Leadership Team driving industry and client standards forward in every aspect of collecting digital data, selecting the technology to do so, and – ultimately – using data for identifying opportunities and their value to improve clients’ marketing operations. The right candidate for this role will be an operational leader proficient in a) building and coaching global teams, b) defining – and implementing – scalable, efficient processes, c) setting inspirational yet attainable goals for their organization and d) seeing the bigger Revenue picture while attaining efficiency and profitability goals.
○ Be a Trusted Advisor to the company’s clients and internal teams
■ The company operates at the intersection of being the Media Agency and Strategy consultancy. In our effort to take the best from both worlds, the main value we bring to clients is Confidence and Predictability – which the right candidate for this role would embody.
■ Work with the company’s leadership peers (Media, Planning, Marketing Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering, Creative, etc.) in solving problems related to generating higher returns on investment in data systems, solutions, media management services, and analytical consulting services.
○ Have an utmost Fire in the Belly about delivering consistent quality to our clients and being a leader vs. a follower.
■ The right candidate for this role would be highly operational, annoyed and motivated by inefficiencies in the process preventing company’s value to its clients from growing across all the Practice Areas.
■ The right candidate for this role has a passion for leading others towards efficient value-creating outcomes, especially in the face of ambiguity.
○ Team Management
■ Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years of being a strong
People Manager (10+ direct reports), Influencer, Coach, and Leader – understanding the differences between those 4 roles and playing the right one when needed – accountable for the full employee lifecycle
■ Be proficient in Staff Planning, Scheduling System to assign
people to clients, concept of the Leverage, team Profitability (in partnership with Finance organization
■ Take ownership over the team – be Accountable – while relying on other teams for support but not for taking over the accountability (example – working with People Ops to speed up hiring; working with Finance to determine team’s profitability)
■ Focus on the best in people – help Specialists and Managers on the team to become the next wave of leaders in the organization
■ Achieve your goals through others – be Accountable for delivering consistent quality to all of the the company’s clients within the Digital Analytics field while being mostly non-billable by working with the internal team members and making them the “hero”
■ Implement, track, and maintain a set of KPIs for the department to keep track of goal achievement
■ Be accountable – achieving your goals through others – for all client communications, weekly calls, and cohesive company’s Point of View on the value digital analytics brings to the client’s organization ○ Methodologies
■ Be accountable for setting the set of rigorous methodologies – the company’s IP – on how Web Analytics should be done across all of the company’s clients
○ Deep expertise in functional platforms – those being Google Analytics, GTM, Adobe Analytics, Tealium, Segment, and others
■ Understanding of VALUE that the above technology stacks can bring to the client’s organization – and ways to convey such value to clients (examples – feature adoption reports, etc)
○ Understanding of cross-functional technology stacks – DSPs, Marketing Automation tools, etc – and ability to work with peers on cross-domain projects to identify and implement projects helping to achieve the exponential value
○ Ongoing Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Resourcefulness – be on the lookout for new developments within the Web and Digital Analytics fields and convert those into opportunities for the company to expand its product offering by adding packaged solutions with clear attributable business value
○ Has a proven track record of designing, implementing, and/or integrating complex data collection infrastructures (oftentimes collaborating closely with data engineering and/or BI departments) that include web behavior, CRM, ad platforms, 3rd party data enrichment services, and 1st party transactional data from data warehouses.
○ Sales Process – participate as the knowledgeable Subject Matter Expert when needed on sales calls, bringing sense of Confidence to clients
○ Profitability – be ultimately accountable for the department-level profitability and make proactive decisions accordingly to achieve set profitability targets
○ Be the advocate and evangelist – internally and externally – for the role of Web/Digital Analytics in the modern Marketing Operations structure across multiple verticals, clearly conveyed as a set of packaged solutions associated with business value.
Applying for jobs by Hire with Near is the easiest way to land your next remote job!
We'll review your application and get back to you shortly!
You'll receive an interview invite for any company interested.