The idea behind Dura Software was conceived with the increased realization from our chairman Michael Girdley that software company founders who were reaching out for investment and/or an exit path for their business did not have a home. These sellers were interested in protecting their legacy, the outcome for their employees, and the future of often their life’s work. Michael was later connected with now CEO Paul Salisbury and CFO Chris Burney (both ex-Rackspace) to pen down the new software company structure that we see today.
Since its inception in 2018, Dura specializes in the acquisition of hyper-niche B2B software companies that fit narrow but mission-critical use cases. In less than 4 years, Dura Software has purchased 9 businesses across different verticals and plans to primarily grow inorganically through future acquisitions. Although our HQ is in San Antonio, we’re a global company with representation in 17 countries.
We are anticipating rapid acceleration over the next 12+ months and are seeking a senior financial analyst to help guide existing and future businesses. The senior financial analyst will be responsible for providing decision support to monitor and improve the financial performance of Dura and its subsidiaries along with supporting the back-half of our M&A process. We have a healthy deal pipeline and expect an uptick in new acquisitions, so this role will grow over time as we onboard new software businesses.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate cross functionally as a trusted finance business partner for multiple CEOs to drive continuous improvements in reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis processes
- Support the financial due diligence process from LOI through acquisition close date to assess the financial health of future acquisitions (such as - but not limited to – P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement modeling, quality of earnings and SaaS metrics) and building operating plans to support the investment thesis
- Have a willingness to understand the business, end-markets, competitive environment, industry peer group and general economic conditions that impact Dura
- Develop and implement FP&A best practices, procedures and processes to drive forecast & planning, business insight and analysis to support senior leadership team
- Provide training to the finance team as assigned
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning and budgeting financial process including: managing the data collection and consolidation process with accounting resources and functional leadership; analyzing the information to validate completeness and accuracy with the goal of communicating trends and key drivers to executive leadership
- Manage and coordinate monthly/quarterly reporting, validate accuracy and assist FP&A team in creation of analysis and presentations for executive leadership, Board of Director level presentations and external stakeholders
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects to assist management in understanding business performance
- Assist with implementation, maintenance and improvement of financial planning solutions
- Ensure compliance with financial guidelines and company policies
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or relevant field
- 5-7 years of experience building financial models and owning revenue and expense planning
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient in the use of financial management software (NetSuite preferred)
- Ability to succeed in a fast, high-growth startup environment
- Strong analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- New computer and hardware when you start - we ask for the best and know you need the best equipment to operate effectively
- Unlimited paid vacation time