Wired Impact is looking for a full-time Virtual Assistant to join our team as a remote employee. You’ll support each member of our team, helping us get powerful websites in the hands of every nonprofit that wants one.
Wondering about the benefits of joining us at Wired Impact? Here are a few of them:
- Help Those Who Help Others. Spend your days supporting nonprofits that are making a difference in their communities and around the world. Take pride in knowing you’re playing a role in helping these organizations increase their impact.
- Take Vacation When You Need It. We don’t track vacation days. If you need some time off, you should take it. Or maybe you want to travel the globe, working in a new city each month. As long as you have a fast internet connection and can work similar hours, we can make it work.
- Flexible Work Hours. While it’s important that most of your workday overlaps with our team in the United States, we care more about getting great work done than clocking in and out each day at a specific time.
- Your Happiness Matters. We believe a happy team means better work and ultimately better results for nonprofits. Have something in mind that’ll make you happier? We want to hear it.
- Lots of Learning Opportunities. We’re always trying out new things, and we want our entire team to be learning new techniques and strategies every day. We’re open to ideas on what you’d like to learn and how we can help.
- Great Ideas are Heard and Feedback is Provided. Have a great idea? We guarantee it will be seriously considered. Want feedback? We’re happy to provide it. Got feedback? We’d love to hear it. In fact, we meet weekly to discuss what’s working well and what we can improve moving forward.
- Established Remote Work Culture. We’re experienced with having a team spread across the United States and the world. We offer the tools you’ll need to be successful and stay connected.
As a Virtual Assistant at Wired Impact, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the set up and wrap up of free trial and paid client projects
- Helping our project managers support the nonprofits we work with
- Emailing on behalf of our co-founders and other team members, as well as managing their inboxes
- Scheduling internal and external meetings
- Organizing team building activities
- Gathering data for internal reporting to determine areas for improvement
- Customizing client WordPress websites and formatting content
- Ensuring internal and external support content and documentation is up-to-date
- Identifying opportunities to make our processes more efficient
- Responding to client questions to help them manage their sites
- Providing administrative support for the entire team to further our mission and help us grow
Skills and Requirements
We’re looking for an applicant that has:
- 2+ years of work in an administrative support or virtual assistant role
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Access to high-speed, reliable internet
- Dedicated area to work and participate in meetings
- Professional or personal experience with nonprofits is preferable
- Comfort learning, implementing and training the team to use new software and other online tools
- Familiarity with Google Workspace, WordPress, Asana or ActiveCampaign should be noted
In addition to everything above, we’re looking for the following in our ideal Virtual Assistant:
- Belief in the Wired Impact mission to help nonprofits effectively use the web to do more good
- Ability to organize 10 projects at once, while also knowing exactly what’s next for each
- Willingness to take and give constructive criticism
- Readiness to proactively find ways to help coworkers, even if tasks fall outside of your job description