Northstar Financial Consulting Group:
At Northstar, bright ideas are encouraged and innovation valued. We attract exceptional individuals to join our team because we maintain a dynamic, interactive and supportive company environment. Plus, we enjoy an enviable work-life balance.
As a group, we are focused problem solvers who communicate openly and directly. Our culture enables us to provide an extraordinary customer experience to our diverse clientele.
Senior Accountant Job Description
We are looking for a detail-oriented senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant's responsibilities include bookkeeping, preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Bookkeeping and data entry
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
- Preparing financial reports and accounting statements.
- Preparing and posting journal entries to general ledger.
- Generates summary sheets for use by supervisor or auditor.
- Processing payroll and preparing payroll reports.
- Proofing accounting reports for clerical accuracy.
- Allocating expenditures to correct accounts according to departmental procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures and the ability to train others in related practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Paid US and Argentina Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Flexible working hours
- Referral bonus
- Promote from within
- On the job training
- Paid in USD