At Near, we help top talent in Latin America find remote roles with US companies. Our mission is to create better lives by fostering a remote work culture that transcends borders.
About the role
Join our US client, a cybersecurity company, on its mission to help other companies efficiently protect and recover data with continuous backups and encrypted cloud storage. If you share their core values of a self-motivated growth; a can do, will volunteer attitude; and the desire to have hard candid conversations in a professional manner, this is the job for you!
Note: this is a remote, contractor role and it's open to candidates in Latin America.
As a Senior Product Engineer at CyberFortress, you will be working as a valuable member of a highly experienced team of engineers that love to work with each other. Your duties will include both long-term projects and day to day tasks. In a senior role we expect engineers to manage their own long-term projects, communicate effectively, and collaborate with other departments as a technical expert.
- Design, build, and document the platform using a mix of commercially available technologies integrated with our client's intellectual property
- Create, test, and document monitoring and maintenance plans for use in production environments of 1000+ systems in a multi-platform, multi-data center global operating environment
- Manage product development laboratory inventory for both hardware and software systems
- Create and maintain published documentation such as operations manuals, reference architecture rack diagrams, multi-cabinet environment reference floorplans, and other technical documentation
- Create, test, and document automated deployment tools for updates and upgrades, including developing new deployment tools where there are currently gaps in automation capabilities
- Ownership of complex platform escalations from Technical Support or Technical Operations for time sensitive customer issues
- Take initiative and work independently once general direction is given
- 7+ years’ experience working on a DevOps/System Administration team
- 5+ years hands-on system configuration experience in a multi-platform environment
- 5+ years of Data Backup and/or Disaster Recovery software implementation and operations
- 2+ years of System Engineering
- Experience with security systems including identity and access management tools
- Experience in scripting languages and frameworks to create automations
- Advanced skills for computer operating system administration (Windows, Linux)
- A comprehensive understanding of VMware, and other virtualization technologies
- A deep understanding of SAN and NAS devices from industry leading vendors
- An expert level understanding of VLANs, IP Subnets, and firewall security policies
- An ability to provision and administer backup and recovery software for a multi-tenant environment
- An understanding of product engineering processes for builds, upgrades, deployments, and fixes
- Ability to create professional documentation, status reports, policies, procedures and reports
- Sold technical fundamentals including a good understanding of TCP/IP, OSI model, etc.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability and desire to work in an agile environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills en English are required
- Computer Science degree is desired
- Paid in USD ($72k - $90k anually)
- Paid Local Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- On-the-job training