At Near, we help top talent in Latin America find remote roles with US companies. Our mission is to create better lives by fostering a remote work culture that transcends borders.
About the role
Join our US client, a cybersecurity company, on its mission to help other companies efficiently protect and recover data with continuous backups and encrypted cloud storage. If you share their core values of a self-motivated growth; a can do, will volunteer attitude; and the desire to have hard candid conversations in a professional manner, this is the job for you!
Note: this is a remote, contractor role and it's open to candidates in Latin America.
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will be working as a valuable member of a highly experienced team of engineers that love to work with each other. Your duties will include both long-term projects and day to day tasks.
Depending on your individual experience this role will be offered at an Associate Front End Software Engineering, a Front-End Software Engineer, or a Senior Front End Software Engineer.
- Collaborate in the design, build, and documentation using a mix of commercially available. technologies, open-source technology, and software
- Create, test, and document software for use in production environments of 1000+ systems in a multi-platform, multi-data center global operating environment
- Manage development and staging environment architecture and inventory
- Create and maintain published documentation such as operations manuals, reference architecture diagrams, and other technical documentation
- Create, test, and document automated development and deployment pipelines, including developing new deployment tools where there are currently gaps in automation capabilities
- Ownership of complex platform escalations from Technical Support or Technical Operations for time sensitive customer issues
- Take initiative and work independently once general direction is given
- Review your code, and the code of peers, for quality assurance and quality control
- 2+ years’ experience working on a product focused software development and engineering team
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile, Scrum, TDD, and other development processes
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Computer Science degree is desired
- Understanding of React, and preferably Next.JS
- Understanding of modern CSS and at least one modern framework such as Tailwind, or Material UI
- Understanding of SQL and other structured data communications
- Experience in GraphQL query and design
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English are required
- Paid in USD ($48k - $60k for Associate - $60k - $72k for Mid- level and $72k - $90 for Senior)
- Paid Local Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- On-the-job training