At Near, we help top talent in Latin America find remote roles with US companies. Our mission is to create better lives by fostering a remote work culture that transcends borders.
Our client is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations. This person will be also responsible for analyzing financial information, preparing financial reports, and maintaining records of financial activities within the organization.
The Senior Staff Accountant is required to perform a range of duties including but not limited to the items listed below:
- Work on treasury, accounting, budget, tax, and audit activities of the organization.
- Work with the CFO on financial and accounting system controls and standards and ensures timely financial and statistical reports for management and/or Board use.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Assist with annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations, and other administrative actions.
- Interact with auditors in completing audits.
- Streamline and improve collections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of Accounting experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent English level -oral and written-
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to complete assigned tasks in the required time frame.