At Near, we help top talent in Latin America find remote roles with US companies. Our mission is to create better lives by fostering a remote work culture that transcends borders.
his is a role to work for our client, a software startup from the US. They are looking for an AR Cash Application Specialist to join their dynamic, mission-driven Finance team. This position plays an important role in ensuring the accuracy of their customers' accounts and optimal collection management, among other functions.
- Maintain the AR customer statements daily by booking the cash received by customers to aid the collection specialists in their dunning processes. Collections include ACH, Checks, SEPA Direct Debit (Europe) transfers, Credit Cards (several payment processors and gateways), and others.
- Download statements and transaction lists from multiple banks and accounts daily, including electronic lockboxes of checks. Prepare the Excel or .csv files to be uploaded in the ERP Systems: NetSuite, Zuora and occasionally QuickBooks to perform batch cash applications.
- Balance entries posted in Ledger and reconcile Bank deposits daily.
- Be proactive in looking for process, data, and communication improvements
- Assist with customer and internal inquiries via Zendesk (our customer support ticketing system)
- Partners closely with the Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, and Customer Support teams
- Assist with annual audits as needed.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the rest of the Finance team to meet the monthly Accounting Closing Schedule.
- Perform tasks related to billing and collection processes as needed.
- Proven experience in relevant roles in services companies with a monthly invoicing model/recurring revenue stream.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Accounting or Finance are desirable
- Proficiency in processing high volume cash posting transactions.
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues and management.
- Thrive in an independent work environment, where you can take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to manage deadlines, including month-end accounting close deadlines.
- Experience especially in NetSuite; but Zuora and QuickBooks is a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel using formulas as VLOOKUP, CONCAT, LEFT, MID, RIGHT REPLACE, etc., Pivot Tables, as well as experience with Google applications.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
What's in it for you
- Join a tech startup that's building an innovative product and is profitable
- Work with a worldwide distributed workforce and with global business operations
- Competitive compensation in USD ($1,500 to $2,000 per month)
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Local holiday schedule
- Laptop to work (if needed)