Accountant ($1,5k - $2k Monthly)
At Near, we help top talent in Latin America find remote roles with US companies. Our mission is to create better lives by fostering a remote work culture that transcends borders.
We're looking for an outstanding Bookkeeper to join our client's UK-based company:
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare and remit invoices for wholesale and export customers
- Prepare and process accounts payable and receivable
- Post bi-weekly payroll Journal entries
- Prepare and post general ledger entries and management accruals monthly
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Record and reconcile all credit card and POS transactions monthly
- Record monthly activity for loans
- Analyze and file sales and use taxes in London
- Record and reconcile month-end inventory
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts monthly
- Reconcile all Payroll related accounts for 401k, FSA, Insurance, etc
- Participate and support FYE CPA financial review and prepare tax workpapers
- Draft monthly financial statements and produce variance analysis report
- Develop SOPs for integrating accounting functions with operations
Professional Qualifications & Qualities:
- 1-3 years of Bookkeeping and/or accounting experience
- Excellent English communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience
- Working collaboratively with individuals both within and outside the finance team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organization, time management, and analytical skills.
Nice to have:
- Working understanding of UK generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)