At Near, we help top talent in Latin America find remote roles with US companies. Our mission is to create better lives by fostering a remote work culture that transcends borders.
This is a role to work for our client, a software startup from the US. We are looking for a Manager of Global Tax to join our client’s dynamic, mission-driven team.
Note: this is a remote, contractor role.
This person will be responsible for the Company’s corporate tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes, all on a global scale. The successful candidate will work with different geographic accounting teams, varying business units, external service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third-party service providers. This role will report directly to the CFO.
- Currently all federal and state income tax returns are outsourced to a third-party provider. As such, this role will be responsible for managing the third-party providing and performing a thorough review of externally prepared tax provisions and returns at both the federal and state level.
- Oversight of the tax returns for the Company’s international subsidiaries.
- Responsible for sales, use and property tax creation and filings.
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for all taxes in the US and International subsidiaries.
- Coordination with third party service providers of all necessary business-related matters as it relates to accounting for taxes.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements globally.
- Liaise with CFO and other accounting leaders on tax-related issues.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income and non-income taxes, where possible.
- Maintain current education on technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Assist the company with tax strategy and planning issues as required.
- Assist the US and EMEA Directors in estimating and monitoring annual cash taxes.
- Serve as a member of the Finance Leadership Team
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred but not required
- CPA preferred
- Ten years of related experience with at least 3 years in a public accounting firm
- Project management or process improvement experience.
- International tax experience is preferred but not required
- Accounting background is preferred but not required
- Problem solver with experience building processes and systems to support tax compliance and initiatives.
- Proactiveness and ownership of your work
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation in US dollars. Salary range: $38,000 to $42,000 annual
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Local holidays from your country
- Excellent and dynamic work environment.
- Career development opportunities
- Work laptop + other equipment if needed
- Report directly to the CFO