You are a driven Senior Designer looking to blend design and concept in harmony with hospitality as the core of what excites you. You are a self-starter, with a strong affinity for storytelling and can communicate effectively.
The Senior Designer acts as our lead designer responsible for the whole design of a project from overseeing the narrative of the design to conceptualization, development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
● 4+ years Interior Design Experience within the hospitality sector
● Excitement for storytelling, conceptual design and hospitality design while collaborating with and supporting Client relationships.
● Experience leading design teams
● Ability to provide a collaborative work environment with Junior Designers & Interns.
● Persuasive presentation skills
● Proficiency in design-related technical drafting and 3D rendering skills. Demonstrates proficiency in Sketchup, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit, Enscape, Adobe Suite
● Leads in the development of standards, policies, and procedures
● Ability to creatively source for clients and unique projects with an eye for form, scale and design intent.
● Interest in exciting new vendor relationships and growing with our team.
● Ability to work in a fast paced hospitality environment.
● Knowledge of restaurants and hotels. (Hospitality experience a plus).
● Entrepreneurial attitude and self-starter mentality.
● Highly organized and professional.
● Flexibility to focus on a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development.
● Effectively communicates internally with project teams and externally with consultants and through timely and appropriate written, oral, and visual means.
● Experience building, nurturing and fostering client relationships.
● Inspires and leads others by example, participates in staff mentoring and training, clearly defines team member expectations and responsibilities, empowers others, and delegates where appropriate based on team members’ recognized abilities and potential.
● Partners with Project Manager or Design Director to ensure conformance with ourdrawing Standards and requirements specific to each project design phase
● General personal and team time management and oversight
● Coordinating expectations with clarity to the internal team and our clients ● Supervise, develop and mentor Designers
● As a creative collaborative, all voices are welcome and should be considered in the design process. While the Senior Designer has certain responsibilities and authorities – we encourage junior staff to participate in the design process in order to bring out their best, and capitalize on their talents and energy.
● The successful SD is able to encourage staff initiative to think for themselves and create and iterate on ideas we develop as a team.The SD also does the work in collaboration with the team – not just delegating tasks.
● Leading the team in conceiving of the project design to meet the clients operational, conceptual requirements and project constraints as well as maintaining our high level of design.
● Liaison between the Principal Designer, Design Director and the design team during the design process
● Leads the team towards practical design solutions, managing the preparation of drawings, editing presentations, sourcing materials, finishes FF&E, producing work drawings, specifications etc.
● Responsible for being a part of the hospitality experience
● Responsibility to stay inspired and inspire others with new creative and innovative thinking
● Responsible for the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent and based on contract needs
● Reviewing all documents to ensure the team incorporates the design intent.
● Represent our company and the design for all consultant coordination meetings.
● Responsible for distribution of all design meeting follow-up notes, action items and details ● Manage design coordination within our companyi.e. between architecture, FF&E and graphics, and between Owners consultants.
● Manage and coordinate all communications to and from consultants ○ Millworkers ○ Vendors ○ Contractors
● Manage Project Manager in providing services per scope, budget and schedule.
● Managing millworker communication and implementation from initial outreach through bid;
● Oversee communication with clients regarding schedule, VE, pricing, and any anticipated delays in process.
● Identify any issues, risks, or conflicts when they arise and communicate in a timely and effective manner to find resolution
● Responsible for creating and delivering presentations based on ROY’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
● Oversee the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, specifications, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract.
● Manage designers and project manager through all stages of the project from design to installation
● Lead the our team in performing it’s construction administration services including:
○ Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
○ Reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
○ Attending and reporting on field visits.
○ Conducting punch lists reviews ○ Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
● Ensure projects conform to contracted scope and design specifications
● Work with all members of design team to ensure efficient use of time is applied to all aspects of the project
● Manage yourself and the team below you to stay within time allotted per the contract scope of each phase of the project
Compensation: 2,500 - 3,000 monthly.
Applying for jobs by Hire with Near is the easiest way to land your next remote job!
We'll review your application and get back to you shortly!
You'll receive an interview invite for any company interested.