Our client is a growing family of private schools, spanning fourteen states committed to
creating better education for a better world. Their Accounting and Finance team is seeking ahungry, humble and smart team member, an experienced accountant that is interested in full cycle experience.
▪ Create and post journal entries and prepare necessary supporting documentation
▪ Review/prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations, propose adjusting journal entries
and submit them for Corporate Controller’s review
▪ General ledger accounting and mapping of fixed assets
▪ Complete local tax filings
▪ Complete intercompany accounting for the assigned cycles
▪ Prepare information to outside auditors on an annual basis
▪ Special projects as necessary
▪ Serve as liaison between schools and accounting department
▪ Document business processes and accounting policies and controls; spot errors and identify
ways to maintain and strengthen internal controls
▪ B.S. in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
▪ Strong Knowledge of Accounting Principles, GAAP and research skills
▪ At least 4 years’ experience in corporate accounting and/or in a public accounting firm is
▪ CPA, or CPA track preferred
▪ Analytical and problem-solving skills
▪ Experience in any Accounting system
▪ Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
▪ Solid written and oral communication, organizational and planning skills
▪ Ability to manage multiple, diverse projects and personnel concurrentl
Applying for jobs by Hire with Near is the easiest way to land your next remote job!
We'll review your application and get back to you shortly!
You'll receive an interview invite for any company interested.