We are a fast-growing strategic accounting, tax, and advisory firm working with 700+ small businesses in the United States. We are seeking an energetic and motivated Accountant to join our onboarding team.
This position will be responsible for supporting our client-facing onboarding coordinators and working with our outsourced accounting team to provide a smooth onboarding process for new clients. This position will assist with chart of accounts set up, review transaction recording, and complete an in-depth review of all accounting entries and transactions prior to signing off on completed books for our recurring monthly accounting teams.
This position will report directly to the General Manager.
- Initial account set up in Xero and other preferred tools.
- Create beginning conversion balances in Xero, reconciling to prior year tax return or other sources provided.
- Review of transaction recording for multiple months of client clean-up.
- Investigate and reconcile all balance sheet items as the clean-up date.
- Communicate with onboarding coordinators for efficient document request items.
- Identify any discrepancies in the accounts, troubleshoot origin, and make correcting entries to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- As needed, document process steps for ongoing monthly processes such as loan payments or payroll recording.
- Provide a final sign off on accuracy of all accounts prior to client “graduating” the onboarding stage.
- Assist as needed with other clients as accounting questions arise.
- Additional duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting/Public
- Experience working with multiple clients
- Computerized general ledger software experience, Xero preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and professional sense of integrity
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Possess a positive attitude and attention to detail