We’re looking to hire Video Animators to create unique and effective social media clips for brands from their podcast episodes, as well as long-form video podcasts.
First and foremost, we're looking for someone who is excited about what we're doing. You should be passionate about podcasting and social media video content.
The Video Animator will collaborate with our Video Team, create world-class video assets, and
have a lot of fun in the process!
You’ll report directly to our Video Team Lead and collaborate with him and the rest of our team to create unique video assets for our customers.
Specifically, you will:
●Edit and produce long-form video podcast interviews to Hatch’s standards and the client’s specifications.
● Improve raw footage by correcting lighting and color-grading.
● Insert music, graphic elements, and branding assets.
●Create clips that are optimized for each platform (TikTok, IG, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube primarily), closely following each customer’s specific style guide and format, and ensuring each clip is up to quality standards. Clips can range from captions only to full-on custom animation. Have we mentioned we have fun? 😎
●Maintain organization systems including file naming conventions, uploading all assets to appropriate folders, and keeping the project management dashboard updated.
● Participate in team calls and communicate effectively via Trello and Slack.
●Stay on top of the latest trends in video and podcasting so that we can implement new, innovative, and creative approaches for our customers that nobody else is doing (we want to always flex our creative muscles and test new styles).
● Experience: You have Ideally 5+ years with animation and video editing, and 2+ years creating captions in English. Ideally, you have been responsible for the video editing of podcasts before.
○ You are an expert in animation and video editing
○ You can edit and insert graphic elements and brand assets into long-form video
○ You can identify the key moments in a long-form podcast video and turn them
into fast-paced, high-quality, and attention-grabbing social media clips
○ You have the ability to turn complex ideas into simple animations to make stories
○ From motion graphics to stop-motion, you can handle any type of animation style
○ You are resourceful and have a solution-oriented mindset
○ You have a good understanding of audio mixing for social content
○ You have experience in color-grading footage
○ You have basic typography and design skills
○ You have experience following brand guidelines
● Innovation: You can execute video clip styles that are proven to work on social platforms currently, and at the same time you like experimenting with new and innovative styles and approaches to stand out from everyone else.
● Tools. You’re an expert at Adobe Premiere Pro and have Adobe After Effects skills. You are also adaptable and willing to use standardized company-wide software. Experience with AI video tools is a plus.
● Excellent communication skills. You have the ability to clearly communicate with other team members verbally and in written form. Our communication style/voice is fun, friendly, informative, & always professionally upbeat.
● Proven ability to follow instructions and maintain intricate organization systems.
We’re an international team spread across wide time zones. The only way that works is
for everyone to be on the same page, and for everything to be exactly where it’s
expected to be. If your eyes rolled even a tiny bit after reading that, this won’t be the
right fit 😉
● Attention to detail - Not attention to detail like you remember someone’s name.
Attention to detail like you notice if someone puts a phrase in italics in an email but
missed a letter at the end that’s still in the standard font. Yes, we’re serious.
● Internally motivated - We don’t (and can’t) micromanage, so if you’re someone who
needs to be frequently steered in the right direction or doesn’t work well autonomously,
we love you but we’re just not meant to be.
● Intuitive & thorough researcher - You’ve never done it before, but gosh darn it you’ll
figure it out if it’s the last thing you do!
● Kind - Speak and act kindly, regardless of the situation.
● Empathetic - Able to authentically put yourself in the shoes of customers and
● Vulnerable - Able to share those “crazy” ideas, respectfully speak up when you disagree
with an approach the team or company is taking, and share when you’re going through
something personally challenging so we can support you.
● Funny - We’re a company run by talented and fun individuals. If you don’t laugh at a
good meme, get sarcasm, and have an easily identified sense of humor (even if it’s
different than anyone else’s on the team) we may not be a great fit.
● Personable - Customers and team members would enjoy communicating with you.
Never, ever, under any circumstances, are you a naysayer.
● Proactive - You look ahead to stay ahead of possible challenges & take action before
you have to and without prompting.
● Resourceful - You wouldn’t ask anyone something you could Google.
● Over-communicative - You’re responsive & engaged, and enjoy speaking to other team
members. You provide team members & leadership with status updates as needed.
● Responsible - You keep to-do lists up to date and manage your time effectively.
● Trustworthy - We would never have to wonder if you’re working when you say you are,
you’d never dream of sharing any inside intel, and you’re always transparent about
● Accountable - You own your work for better or worse, and meet deadlines.
● No ego - “I don’t need to be right; I need to get it right” aligns with your way of thinking.
● Coachable - Not just from a willingness to learn perspective, but you also take any
feedback to heart and apply it right away. We’re able to see our feedback and guidance
in your work as you get up to speed & beyond.
● Growth mindset - You see consistent learning & improving as an extension of any role
you serve in.
● You love podcasts - It’s kind of our thing.
We prioritize the happiness of our team members. Here's what we offer:
Work and live anywhere within specified Latin American time zones.
Emphasis on work-life balance and personal development.
3 weeks of paid time-off plus company holidays.
Real growth opportunities tailored to your career aspirations.
We value your satisfaction and happiness in your role.
Applying for jobs by Hire with Near is the easiest way to land your next remote job!
We'll review your application and get back to you shortly!
You'll receive an interview invite for any company interested.