This is an opportunity to work at a US-Based cybersecurity startup.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Staff Accountant will have an integral role in the monthly close process and creating financial reports that will enable our management to analyze and make informed decisions for the company. The Senior Staff Accountant will interact with others, inside and outside of the organization, with a focus on excellent communication and customer service.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- 8+ years of experience in accounting or a related field
- Experience in reviewing work prepared by staff and junior accountants
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience in Accounting Software/ERP’s (NetSuite, preferred)
- Detail and customer service oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills as well as demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality of company’s records and transactions
- Prepare and review journal entries and assist in the monthly close processes with the goal to meet close deadlines.
- Prepare and review fixed asset journal entries and appropriate schedules for all assets. Work with the Expense Financial Analyst to track spend of fixed assets and match assets to appropriate customer invoices.
- Prepare intercompany journal entries and invoices. Complete intercompany account reconciliations for all entities, propose any necessary adjustments, and work with other team members across the globe to ensure the intercompany accounts all balance.
- Complete and review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and ensure all appropriate back-up is retained to support account balances.
- Prepare and review monthly reports, to include: month-over-month variance reports, cash balance reports, AR roll-forwards, vendor spend reports, and more
- Review financial statements for accuracy and ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Assist in training of the accounting staff and delegating tasks to the members of the team.
- Document processes and propose changes to processes to produce more timely and accurate financial reports.
- Assist with budget and forecast reporting.
- Respond to information requests for audits and from management.
- Assist the Controller, other accountants on the team, and our management with a focus on excellent communication and customer service.
- Other financial projects, as needed and assigned.
- Paid Local Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- 15 working days of vacation
- Promote from within
- On the job training
- Paid in USD
Type of work: Long term contract, full time.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9-5, CST hours.