About the Job:
We are a global software company growing through acquisition. We’ve completed 11 acquisitions to date, your job is to help us complete the next 50.
We’re looking for a M&A Origination Analyst for our Corporate Development (M&A) team. You are energetic, results-driven, and enjoy communicating over the phone.
The role requires great social skills, as well as perseverance and drive in achieving targets. Being organized and not allowing details to fall through the cracks is essential. If you enjoy collaborating with others and want to join a growing and dynamic team in an exciting industry, this is the opportunity for you.
Above all, you believe that our company is the best home for small unique software companies and you want software company owners around the world to share that belief.
- Identify Investment Opportunities: Find deals through various channels – such as online research, data mining, and cold outreach to industry insiders.
- Acquisition Target Outreach: Contact sellers and secure meetings – to discuss acquisition opportunities - ensuring a smooth transition with the Senior Associate to move forward with later stages of the process
- Market Mapping and Research: identify industries, geographies, and products of interest to our company and develop execution/outreach strategies.
- Drive Communications: Coordinate outreach efforts – including campaign creation and communication with important stakeholders including bankers.
- Dealflow Management: Manage a Salesforce database – recording all activity and key client data.
- Deal Strategy: Collaborate with the M&A team to assess potential acquisition targets and provide input on deal structure.
- Operational Excellence: Corporate Development is its own startup within our company. You will help us develop everything from our processes, financial models, and evaluation frameworks to branding and thought leadership. Building a market-leading corporate development organization is about more than just outreach. The project of continuous improvement should excite you.
- 2-4 years in a similar role (corporate development, enterprise software sales, investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, or other buyside experience is a plus).
- Emotional intelligence and humility. Founders know more about their business than you. You are someone who listens first and takes time to understand a point of view.
- Persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of audiences and also feeling comfortable during calls.
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Salesforce and Sales Enablement tools (Outreach, Salesloft, etc.) preferred.