This is an opportunity for an engineer with the right attitude and skill set to grow and lead over time. We are looking for a lead engineer to continue to architect and develop the software stack and lead development on the backend API infrastructure, as well as manage and oversee all dev ops. You will be responsible for managing the entire development lifecycle and liaising with the product team on product direction. You will have full discretion in the technologies used per the requirements laid out by the product team. The position will work closely with the COO and the CEO, who have both had previous exits to fortune 500 CPG companies in the consumer health space in the US.
General Product Overview
The product currently consists of the following stack;
- Front-End; Webflow, customer facing dashboard in React, Scheduling and survey tools, Facebook and Google marketing tools.
- Other Integrations; Third-party EHR software provider with API integrations, third party payment gateways, Jotform, Hubspot.
- Architect optimal software stack based on requirements laid out by the product team.
- Lead development of backend API and operational infrastructure.
- Take ownership of the entire development lifecycle by leading and planning agile-based development sprints.
- Lead and manage the offshore development team.
- Work with the CEO and COO to ensure optimal UX across the entire software solution.
- 3+ years experience in developing RESTful APIs using server side scripting languages such as NodeJS, Java.
- 3+ years experience architecting database schemas in MySQL, Postgres or comparable systems.
- 3+ years front end experience, with React experience preferred (or other modern JS front-end framework).
- 1+ years experience in leveraging cloud service providers to scale large web apps. Current provider is AWS.
- Experience working in eCommerce.
- Experience working in the healthcare and telehealth industry is a plus, specifically related to HIPAA compliance.
- Experience or desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment with small teams is required